Choosing a natural remedy to treat a urinary tract infection can be a task in itself. More than likely, you will have caring friends, relatives and co-workers giving you all kinds of advice to help you get rid of your UTI. With all of the information being tossed at you, how are you to know which is the best natural remedy for UTI?
Keep in mind, the information you are getting from everyone might be great advice, but it might not work for you. The best way for you to find the best natural remedy for UTI, is by talking to your doctor. Some herbs and other natural remedies could pose a negative impact to your health if you are on medications or have other medical conditions.
Here are some of the most popular natural remedies that come highly recommended by doctors and sufferers from urinary tract infections:
1. Uva Ursi is one of the most popular herbs for treating urinary tract infections because it acts like an antiseptic.
2. Cranberries are also great for both the prevention and elimination of UTIs. You can drink unsweetened cranberry juice daily, take cranberry supplements or eat cranberries.
3. Add some fresh blueberries into your daily diet. Add a cup of blueberries without sugar to a bowl of cereal or have a snack of fresh blueberries everyday to increase your antioxidants and ward off many aliments.
4. Water, water, water. You probably already know that water is beneficial to fighting off a UTI. But, do you know you should be drinking at least 8 ounces of water every hour to completely flush your system clean?
5. Marshmallow root is often used because it sooths the pain and discomfort while urinating.
6. Goldenseal has an unbelievably powerful antimicrobial property. This can be taken as a tea, tincture or in a capsule form.
7. Buchu is another herb that can relieve and sooth the burning sensation when urinating.
8. Horsetail has a slight diuretic and astringent as well as healing abilities.
9. Corn silk also soothes the urinary tract which can limit or eliminate the discomfort of a urinary tract infection.
There are several factors that should come into play when you are determining the best natural remedy for UTI. For example, if you are taking any medications or if you have medical conditions.
You should speak with your doctor or health care professional before you begin to treat your UTI yourself. Your doctor will be able to give you the safest and the best natural remedies for UTI that will work for you, as an individual.